LAST UPDATED: NOV 20, 2021
At DuckDAO, we are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Unless defined in this Policy, capitalised words shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in our Terms and Conditions, available at duckstarter.io/terms-conditions (“Terms”). Please read this Policy in consonance with our Terms.
By accessing the Platform, you consent to the collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal data, in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by this Policy. We will not collect any information from you, except where it is knowingly and explicitly provided by you.
The Data we collect about you
- We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you in connection with your use of the Services, including but not limited to:
- transaction data including purchases of crypto assets;
- technical data including IP address, time zone setting and locations, operating system, and other technologies on your device used to access the Platform;
- You do not have to provide any personal data or information to us but in doing so, you may not be able to take advantage of all the Services we offer.
- Your non-custodial wallet interacts with the App on the Platform, and the smart contract stores your wallet address.
How is your personal data collected
Management of your Personal Information
DuckDAO is committed to maintaining the accuracy and security of the Personal Information it collects, uses, or discloses. All necessary measures will be taken to ensure that the information is stored in a secure environment that can only be accessed by authorized personnel.
DuckDAO will dispose of or permanently anonymize the Personal Information it holds when it is no longer needed for any purpose authorized by the APPs, as well as our legal or operational requirements.
Transfer of personal data
- As a part of your use of and to ensure better and seamless delivery of the Services to you, the information and personal data you provide to us may be transferred to and stored at countries other than your home jurisdiction. These countries shall be subject to data laws of their respective countries. We and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. By using such Service, you expressly consent to this transfer, and agree and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any additional terms and conditions, policies, and guidelines.
- By submitting your information and personal data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and/or processing of such information, and personal data outside the country you are based in, in the manner described above.
Third Party Services
- Our Services may, from time to time, contain services provided by or links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates (“Third Party Services”). Please note that the Third Party Services, that may be accessible through our Services have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or for any personal data that may be collected through the Third Party Services. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to such websites or use their services.
- Your relationship with these third parties and their services and tools is independent of your relationship with us. These third parties may allow you to permit/restrict the information that is collected. It may be in your interest to individually restrict or enable such data collections.
- We implement certain reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, and such security measures are in compliance with the security practices and procedures as prescribed under the applicable laws. However, you agree and acknowledge that the above-mentioned measures do not guarantee absolute protection to the personal information and by accessing the Services, you agree to assume all risks associated with disclosure of personal information arising due to breach of firewalls and secure server software.
- We will comply with the requirements of applicable laws in the event of a data or security risk.
- You are aware that your personal data will continue to be stored and retained by us for a reasonable period after your use of the Services.
You are aware that in the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organisation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal data might be among the assets transferred.
- We keep our Policy under regular review and may amend this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion.
- The terms of this Policy may change and if they do, the changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you on the website. The new Policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the Services.